Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Freezer stew

I've been trying to clean out our freezer, and I had about a pound of beef chuck roast and a pound of boneless lamb leg.  Not enough to do anything with on their own, but they made a really good stew together!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 lb leg of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 1 parsnip, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 5-6 large white mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • Spices: dried basil, thyme, oregano; black pepper; seasoned salt
  • 6 giant cloves of garlic, crushed in my garlic press
  • 2-3 cups of chicken broth
I threw all this in the crockpot this morning and let it cook on low for 7 hours.  It came out really flavorful, the meat was perfectly tender and not dry at all!  Usually, I find my miscellaneous stews to be rather bland and uninspired with a taste that doesn't make me want to eat the leftovers, but this one was really good!  I think the secret ingredient was the Borsari seasoned salt.  We picked it up at Whole Foods a few weeks ago and so far it's made everything we've put it on amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment