Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Week's Menu, New Blogger

Hi all! Erin has invited me to join her family with blogging our weekly menu. Jon and I just started the Whole-30 challenge on Monday, so these first few weeks may be fairly restricted. The previous week included the following recipes:
Burgers are basic for us, grass-fed beef seasoned with garlic salt and black pepper. I'll post a few recipes we use for condiments later.

The thai almond pork was okay, but I don't know if we'll do it again. It just wasn't quite as appetizing the second day, and we depend on leftovers for lunch.

The balsamic pork chops were excellent, and may become a gym night staple meal for us. We made the mistake of using a bit of lard in the skillet for the first batch of pork chops, so they didn't end up glazing very well. The second batch glazed very well, since there was balsamic vinegar in the skillet during the entire searing process. After the second batch was finished, we added spinach to the skillet and lightly wilted it in the remaining balsamic vinegar.

The ground beef curry is one of our current gym night staples. It's quick, easy, and the biggest obstacle on gym nights is trying to pick up our heavy cast-iron skillet.

Since I got my wisdom teeth out Friday, I've been living off the sweet potato & sausage soup. Jon's not a big fan, but I've really enjoyed it, and I've only been able to eat it cold so far. As far as the recipe goes, we also doubled the sausage, and added some ground beef to make sure I got enough protein this weekend. Jon forgot the curry powder, but it still had a good flavor. It's also possible that I favor it because it has a similar consistency to hash, which I miss dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment