Monday, May 16, 2011

Tuna Casserole

This is one of about three meals in my regular repertoire, and unfortunately for Jon and me both, one that he doesn't enjoy very much. Still, he indulges me every now and then, or I make it when he's gone. That was my intention last week, but I never got around to it, so we had this last night. This was my first time attempting something more Paleo with the recipe (it used to have rotini in it), and it turned out better than I would've thought. Even Jon had a full portion :)

Ingredients
  • Cooked broccoli (either 8oz frozen, or a couples handfuls fresh)
  • 2 zucchini, peeled (this will replace the noodles)
  • 8oz raw sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 cans tuna (haven't experimented with other options here yet; one change at a time)
  • Homemade mayonnaise, to taste (I used 2 heaping tablespoons)
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 375. Use vegetable peeler to peel off thin slices of zucchini. Grate about 2/3 of your cheese. Mix zucchini, broccoli, cheese, tuna, mayo, salt and pepper. Grease 9x9 pan with olive oil or butter, add mix to the pan. Grate remainder of cheese on top. Bake for 20 min covered with foil, then an addition 5-10 to melt any remaining cheese. This probably makes about 3-4 portions, and is a bit heavy on the cheese.

1 comment:

  1. This was delicious! The store did not have zucchini so I used summer squash but it was still great. I will probably use less cheese next time and less mayo (used almost 3 tbsps). This can definitely be a kitchen sink recipe too! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete